Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day 2011

Even in the heat of an election campaign, when I don't have time to, well, time to do all sorts of things, I can't resist taking a swipe at the Eco-nuts, especially when I'm given ammunition. Such ammunition came from the good people at ReasonTV.
Now you may have noticed the awful silence amongst the media regarding Earth Day (April 22, 2011), I certainly have, here in the Great White (still thawing) North. I have not been cajoled today to turn off my lights, avoid driving, flush the toilet only when necessary (ugh!), use less toilet paper, pick up street garbage, have a candle-light dinner, buy local produce (good luck in Canada in April), compost my left-overs or any of those thing. What a relief! Its been quiet, I guess the eco-crisis has subsided, because there are no frantic pleas from the green mob.
Any way I have things to do, so here is ammunition for the rest of the year to ponder the next time an enviro-nut admonishes you for being alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment